Saturday, October 30, 2010

Review: Liese Bubble Hair Color (Platinum Beige)

Recently, Liese released a new hair dye color for their Bubble Hair Color range, called Platinum Beige. It's a medium brown with slight ash tone.

Liese Bubble Hair Color in Platinum Beige, SGD19.90

Color result on light color hair

Color result chart

I can't say that it's a very light and bright color, but it's definitely a very 'Japanese' sort of color! I well know that I won't be able to achieve such an ash brown color result, as my hair is still sort-of-red as I had colored it copper about half a year ago. However, as I am trying to change my hair color back to brown again (slowly, through a few more times of coloring), I thought that this might be a good color to try. The 'ash brown' sort of color is what I consider as 'true brown'.

This is what the kit contains:

Bottle 1, Bottle 2, Dispenser Pump, Gloves & Instructions (Leave-in Hair Conditioner - not in photo)

Color mixture after mixing bottle 1 & 2

Foam dispensed when you squeeze the bottle. It's like hair mousse!

The foam allows you to apply the color evenly to your hair as it is just like shampooing your hair with the foam! You apply the foam, massage (while avoiding the roots), wait for 20-30 minutes, and you are done! The foamy formula also makes the product drip free, making it very convenient for normal users like me (with no hairdressing skills). Nowadays, I do not buy hair dyes like Feria, Relvon etc anymore as this bubble hair color is just so easy to use. However, one thing is note is that this product does have a rather strong ammonia smell, which doesn't bother me, but it might for some!

Anyway, one box of color is sufficient for shoulder length hair. I bought 2 boxes just in case. In the end, I only used a box as it was enough to cover all my hair in frothy foam.

I think my starting hair color is between dark and light hair, slightly reddish brown.

Before (in artificial white lighting)

After (in artificial white lighting)

I can't say that I am not disappointed with the results. I didn't expect any drastic changes, but I did expect my hair to become a little lighter. My hair has indeed become more brown and more ash, but it has also become darker. I think I should have used the second box after all (as my extensions reaches all the way to my waist)! However, I think the result was also not that satisfactory because I was using the product to color my extensions. As I am not a professional in hairdressing, I don't really know whether I should be leaving the product on my hair longer than usual to get better results. I left the product on for 30 minutes. The color on my natural hair actually seems better, more beige, more ash, and color a little closer to what I really want.

Usually, after a few hair washes, colored hair becomes a little lighter than right after the coloring, so I hope the result will be better after a few washes!

I plan to use my second box in December after I remove my extensions!

7 comments:

Heli'♥beauties said...

oh i heard this is very good!!
i got my friend to buy this for me, but she forgot that no liquids on plane,so...........yeah.
hope i get to try this soon

ashura said...

Ohoh luckily you reminded me that cos I planned to bring some to Hong Kong in Dec! Phew~

Marie said...

It's an interesting concept and definitely not messy.:D

Let us know the results after you use the second box.:D

***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com

Unknown said...

I'm sorry to say I don't see any changes at all :( But on the otherhand, I actually like the color of your hair as it is ^_^

DinaXYYan said...

I'm going to try this Liese hair color but in other shade! Thanks for the review :)

R.ChamberofBeauty said...

hey sounds really great!! Thanks for the review.

Anonymous said...

i think you should leave it much more longer thn 30 minute~
for my hair, i left it for 45 minute till 1 hour~
*normally i left it for 1 hour more*