Saturday, August 28, 2010

Review on Heme 24hr Hydrating Detox White Night Jelly

S$18.90 (50ml) Spotted at Watsons

Heme is this Taiwanese brand that I think Watsons started selling only recently this year. The spokespersons for this brand is none other than the famous female pop girl group S.H.E. You can read more about this brand's products here.

I bought this home about 2 weeks ago, when I started becoming interested in trying out night jellies. I got interested because I have always been an avid fan of this Taiwanese show 女人我最大,and one of their 老师 (beauty experts), Nu-er actually introduced his own line of skincare products in the show and my sister bought some home online. So my sister told me over webcam that Nu-er's night jellies seem good, and I became really interested. As I remember seeing this Heme night jelly in Watsons, I decided to give this a try first before I consider buying some of Nu-er's online. For those who are interested, you can buy Nu-er's products here. He ships internationally.


This night jelly has a gel like texture. This is like an overnight mask. After your normal night skin care routine, you apply a reasonable amount of this over your night moisturiser and massage it all over your face. When the jelly is absorbed, you can just leave the jelly on then go to sleep. The next morning when you wake up, you skin should be brighter and more hydrated. You can follow your normal skin care regime the next day again (after washing your face of course ^^).

This is the amount I use for the whole face. I have been using this for a week and a half every night . It has a very nice but mild rosy scent. I actually put this into the fridge, so that when I apply it, it is really cooling and relaxing for the skin. As for results, this is what I have noticed so far: My skin seems to brighten up immediately after application. The red spots will look somewhat calmed. When I wake up the next morning, however, I do not see any visible difference to my skin, although my face does feel a little smoother. I guess that's because my skin is more hydrated perhaps?

I am not sure if I will purchase this product again, not because it doesn't work, but because there are so any other night jellies I want to try. The results are not significant enough for me to repurchase. However, at S$18.90 a jar which I believe will last pretty long, I think its worth a try, just to test how night jellies feel!

No comments: