Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Jill Stuart Valentine Love Collection 2011 (Limited Edition)

After a long wait of 2 and 1/2 weeks, my Jill Stuart Valentine Love Collection finally arrived today (I ordered them before Chinese New Year)!

Petite Nail Lacquer, 6ml, HKD75 each
I got all 5 colors!

Can you resist such cute packaging??

I am glad to say that all 5 colors are jelly colors, with 2 solid colors and 3 sheer/ semi translucent ones.

#109 love scandal

The jewel on the bottle cap is dark red

A fiery jelly red, color is solid, 2 coats.
This is my favorite of the lot!

#110 captive of love

The jewel on the bottle cap is dark pink

Bright jelly pink with purplish hues, solid color, 2 coats

#111 love potion

The jewel on the bottle cap is red

Translucent reddish pink, very candy-like, or like the official description, "syrupy". 2 coats here.

#112 love is blind

The jewel on the bottle cap is pink

Sheer coral with gold shimmer. 2 coats.

#113 first love

The jewel on the bottle cap is... amber...nude pink?

Sheer nude pink with silver sparkles. Slightly less sheer in real life, but so sheer in photo you can only see the color of my yellow nails -_-

Thumb: #109, index: #110, middle: #111, ring: #112, little: #113

I really like the formula of the nail polish from this collection. Although #109 & 110 are both jelly solids, 2 coats are sufficient to make the nails opaque. The sheer colors look candy-like on the nails, and the good thing is that they look like they are meant to be sheer, not like some colors that look sheer because they look poorly applied.

The nail lacquers do not have boxes, but each comes with a pretty tag like this one.

Emery Board #01, Front, for a smooth finish, HKD40

Back, for filing

This emery board comes in 2 designs. I got the first one, which is pink in front and black at the back. #02 is the reverse of #01. I will be giving away the #02 in an upcoming Jill Stuart Post Valentine's Day giveaway soon (together with Petite Nail Lacquer #109)!

This emery board really CAN FILE! I love it!

Blotting Paper N Valentine Love Edition #02, HKD150

Lovely casing

Not only the casing, but the packaging for the blotting paper is black as well!

What do you think of this collection? I love it! If you love it as much as I do, stay tuned for the Jill Stuart Post Valentine's Day Giveaway, which I will be posting up soon, by this week!

14 comments:

Anna said...

I pre-ordered my Jill Stuart Heart Gloss Trio box in January and received it two weeks after, gladly could avoid CNY holidays hehehe. Was tempted to get the polishes as well, but no swatches could be found, your blog is the first one to pop up with swatches and I'm glad I didn't spend 33$ on two polishes. Much too expensive for colours that can be easily duped, but the design... awwww

ashura said...

Ohoh! How's the Heart Gloss Trio? Cos I wanted to get them... but thought that I really have too many lip-glosses already...

birkinbagbeauty said...

Ohh, I love captive to love. It is the cutest pink I have seen in a while.
Love Scandal looks rather good as well

Unknown said...

Its so cute to have a little heart on the cap ♥
love potion is awesome =D! Really love nail polish with a bit transparent effect <3

Anna said...

I'm at school just can give you the link to my review http://fenuabeaute.blogspot.com/2011/02/nectar-ambrosia.html

Gondor Tari said...

Love the first of all.

Eva said...

these are sooo cute!! i really like love scandal and love is blind

borabora said...

Coucou il sont tous beau mais j'ai une préférence pour le 112 l'amour est aveugle qui me fait craquer avec sa couleur et c'est paillettes !!!bises

Unknown said...

ahah the packaging is so cute xD the little jewels on top...

JS is so damn classy...I love their packaging!

Steph said...

so pretty~~~
packaging surely is cute =D

jbrobeck said...

These are all beautiful! I think Love Potion would make a beautiful syrup mani!

Marie said...

These are all pretty shades, I like them all!:D

***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com

Ejiko said...

Hi! may i know where do you order your jill stuart nail polishes from?

ashura said...

Hi Ejiko,
I got them from www.gooddealer.com =)