Saturday, January 8, 2011

*Update* Gelish (Color - Stand Out)

This is a follow up on my previous post on Gelish. In the end, the Gelish did not really last for 3 weeks. I removed them on day 12.

The process of applying Gelish was much more pleasant than normal gel nails, because the time taken was much shorter. My manicurist first shaped my nails, then removed the excess cuticles. After that, she gently buffed my nails and applied 2 coats of clear stuff on them -- I don't know what they are exactly, but one of them was to protect my nails from the chemical stuff of Gelish, while the other was to help the polish stick better onto my nails. Then she applied one layer of the Gelish color Stand Out, nails cured under UV light for about 2-3 min. This process was repeated 2 more times. Finally she applied a clear top coat, cured under light, and finished with cleaning the nails (to remove the stickiness of the Gelish product) with some solution.

Gelish Day 2

Tips on Day 2

The manicure looked perfect on day 2. My nails looked very shiny, as if I had just come out of the nail salon and the color on my nails has not fully dried yet =)

Day 4

Day 4

Still perfect, with slight scratches on the nails, which I am fine with. Still VERY SHINY.

Day 7
Day 7

Nothing much still. Nails remain shiny, no chip. Some more scratches. And the gaps between the color and my cuticles have become more obvious.

Day 9

Day 9

Day 9 - chip on my right hand index finger

On day 9, the color on my right hand index finger finally chipped. Reason for this chip is because my real nail had started to chip. I did not find it a big issue and filed away the chip with a normal nail file.

Day 12

Day 12

On day 10, the color on my middle finger started peeling (in one whole piece) as I was having a hot shower (42 Degree Celsius). I think the peel was partly caused by the heat. Me being me, I couldn't stand anymore chips and got them removed the next day. Actually, I am pretty relieved that the Gelish chipped, because I was getting a little bored with the color and needed a change.

However, I still think Gelish is great when you go for holidays. I would give Gelish 4 out of 5. One point taken away, for the fact that my nails still felt dry and weak after removing them...

5 comments:

R.ChamberofBeauty said...

Sounds great!!! This color is so pretty:)

Steph said...

it looks good =D

Rory said...

Hi I tagged you for the Stylish Blogger Award! http://www.varnishvixen.com/2011/01/ive-been-tagged-for-stylish-blogger.html

Mercè Durán said...

En mi centro de estética Láser & Beauty utilizo GELISH y es "THE BEST".Si tus uñas están un poco débiles por otro tipo de productos, cuando lleves varios GELISH verás como estarán más sanas.

Anonymous said...

I think its because your manicursit didnt do a good job... looking at pictures from day 1, the colour wasnt even painted right into the cuticle line. and if buffed correctly it should not chip at all.