BAD NEWS: I sent my phone for servicing and all the photos of my new Gelish manicure are gone… and all the photos I took over 2 weeks for the review I promised about Gelish Night Reflection are gone as well :(
GOOD NEWS: I got together a makeup tutorial today!! Yay! So let's get on with it!
This look is heavy and intense and smoky! Perfect for year-end parties, and goes with outfits of ANY color. It already looks intense in photos, so you can imagine how intense it is in real life!
Here we go…!
1. Apply a black cream liner/ cream shadow over a large area of your eyelid. I used kajal eyeliner here. As long as the product is black, dark and blend-able, you can use it here.
2. Blend the color upwards till your eye socket. You could use a gel liner brush or finger. I prefer brush as I have better control with it.
3. Apply matte black eyeshadow over the black liner. Use a blending brush to blend the eyeshadow upwards to soften the harsh edges.
|You should not see any distinctive black line on your eyelid after blending|
4. Apply a matte khaki brown eyeshadow over the area of eyelid where you had just blended the black eyeshadow. Do not apply any to your crease. Blend, blend, and blend the black and the brown.
5. Apply white eyeshadow over the brow bow area as highlight. Blend with the brown.
6. Rim your whole eye with black crayon eyeliner pencil. Then use a small brush and apply black eyeshadow to the lower lash line. Be careful of fall-outs! Do not use too much black on lower lash line or you might get the 'panda' look ^^;
7. Intensify the eye look with black liquid liner. Rim the eye with it. Apply to the tear duct area as well.
|Should look like this at this point|
8. Apply mascara to both upper and lower lashes. Apply more to lower lashes.
9. Apply dramatic false lashes. Do not use those natural looking ones as they won't be suitable for this look :) Combine your real and false lashes together with an eyelash curler.
10. Apply a beige-coral blusher.
11. Since the eye makeup is really strong, apply a nude lipstick and finish with lipgloss. Luvshuca Moist Melting Rouge BE7 is my favourite nude lipstick color.
Love the lashes!
'Wow' look for the eyes (sorry for the poor lighting - the left eye makeup is not supposed to look green…)
The key to making this look work is to really blend well!! If the black is not blended well, I could end up looking 'punched in the eye'. LOL.
Hope you like this tutorial!! I will be back with more festive looks soon.