Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Hello Kitty x Sexylook Limited Edition Masks

This is number 1 of my Post-Taipei posts =D

Hello Kitty limited edition masks! Best thing is… it's made by one of my favourite brands of masks - Sexylook. Yup I know I know… the brand name sounds cheesy. In fact, most cosmetic products with the word 'sexy' in their brand name usually make me think twice before buying. To make things worse, 'sexy + look' just sound too literal! Haha! But I am glad I picked up their masks.


Sexylook is a Taiwanese brand founded in 2008. I have only tried their whitening mask before this, but I already think that they make one of the best masks I have ever used.

As the packaging has everything written in Chinese (including product name), I try my best to translate most product information and its uses to English =D

Each box contains 7 masks. I got 2 boxes with NT299 (approx SGD13). It was buy 1 get 1 free! Cheap, isn't it???

Ingredients

Product name: Brightening Firming White Rose Double Lifting Mask (literal translation…sorry! Please let me know if you know the product's English name. Many thanks! ^^)

Product use:
1. White rose extract helps to moisturise and brighten skin for a radiant, translucent effect. Together with skin lifting formula, skin becomes soft, smooth and firm.

2. Collagen and hyaluronic acid maintain skin's moisture level and elasticity.

My take on this:

Three words.

I LOVE IT!

This mask is great. Firstly, the mask feels great. It has a light floral scent, which is pleasant, which I love. I enjoy the scent the whole time I had the mask on. There is a refreshing sensation when I was doing the mask, not like some masks that just feel 'wet' on face, so that I want to tear the mask off already. After 20 minutes, my face is visibly brightened and smooth. Texture just look great, and I can feel that skin is 'bouncy' and moisturised. The essence of the mask left on the skin easily absorbs when I massage it in, and does not leave any greasy after feel. When I follow with my usual whitening essence, my skin does not feel extra oily, like some masks would.

Score: 5/5! Great results, best value, adorable packaging!

Ingredients

Product name: Ultra Moisturising Pink Sakura Double Lifting Mask

Product use:
1. Cherry (box says 'cherry', not 'sakura'. I am confused…) and strawberry polyphenol minimises large pores, smoothening and improving skin texture .

2. Collagen and hyaluronic acid moisturise skin from within

My take on this:

I haven't tried this yet. Will update once I have!


Anyway, these are called 'double lifting' masks because of their unique 'cheek and chin lift' mask design:


As I am not very sure how to describe how to put this on, I let the picture below do the job:


When I hook the 'ear holes' of the mask over my ears, I feel a tight pulling effect, so I guess that creates the lifting effect of the chin. When I remove the mask, I am not sure whether my face is lifted or not, but I guess the mask design makes me feel that it has, psychologically…? =p As the mask is pulled tightly across the face, the mask does not really fit the nose area well. But that can be easily fixed by making 2 cuts on either sides of the nose bridge of the mask with my scissors.

If you want to read more about these masks, pls click here (in Chinese).

4 comments:

Joey said...

These Hello Kitty masks are so cute! I love how they have kitty cartoons to show you how to put on the mask haha
It'd be great if those 'face-lifting' masks really worked. I'd buy a ton!
Thanks for the review. You've a cute blog :)

Joyce said...

The packaging is super cute!!!

Unknown said...

The packaging is pretty darn cute ^_^ I just got one of the sexylook masks to try - ur right...i was so weirded out by the name at first. I haven't tried it yet but I'm glad you say it's a good mask :)

Punky Bunny Blog said...

cuteeeeee me likey :D