Sunday, September 26, 2010

Review: Dove go fresh Facial Foam


I bought the Dove go fresh Facial Foam probably 1-2 months ago or so but only started using it 2 days ago. Previously I was using The Body Shop's Tea Tree Skin Clearing Foaming Cleanser. I only use this in the morning as I use Shu Uemura's cleansing oil as my night makeup remover + facial cleanser.

This is a bit pricey for a Dove product, being SGD11.90. So far, I have not seen any place in Singapore selling this except for Carrefour at Suntec City. I was looking for this product ever since 牛尔老师 talked about it on the Taiwanese variety show 女人我最大 but to no avail. Finally, I read about Haru's post on Rouge Deluxe saying that she bought Dove's Oil Foaming Cleanser at Carrefour, so I decided to go there and hope for the best. And there I found what I was looking for!

The Dove facial foam is lightly fragranced with a sweet orange scent, quite pleasant to me, but might be too overpowering for some. To me, the orange scent reminds me of the orange scent from Paul & Joe's skincare products.

This is really convenient to use, you just need 2-3 pumps for the whole face. When you press the pump, you get foam immediately (just like hair mousse). You just wash your face with the foam and rinse. I think that this type of facial cleanser is a really hot thing in Japan, Taiwan and Hong Kong currently. There are simply so many different skincare brands making this now! I personally love it!

In comparison to the other 2 types of foaming cleanser I have used, the Tea Tree Skin Clearing Foaming Cleanser from The Body Shop and another from AHA+BHA Exfoliating Face WAsh Foam (I found a nice review from "my women stuff") from Hado Labo, the texture of this foam from Dove is much finer and fluffier.

This is 2 pumps. Look at how fluffy the foam is!

This product is supposedly good for summer as it should control the oil on your face. The orange scent is also supposed to keep you feeling refreshed. I like this cleanser!

Why I like this:
1. Convenient to use
2. Doesn't dry out my skin
3. Texture is fluffy and fine, fun to use!
4. Leaves my skin smooth

Why anyone might dislike this:
1. Overpowering orange scent

I recommend anyone who likes this type of foaming cleanser to try this product!

No comments: