Sunday, November 28, 2010

D-Up Wonder Eyelid Tape - for Mono Lids/ Uneven Double Lids


Good news for those with single eyelids or uneven double eyelids!!

For me, although I have double eyelids, when I am tired, the crease of my left eyelid will start to widen and I will end up with triple eyelids. Usually I won't have this problem if I am wearing false lashes, as the lashes will push up the eyelid and the double lids will stay in place. However, I do not wear false lashes to work, and I always end up with one small and one big eye by the end of the day -- not a pretty sight!

I find the usual eyelid tapes a bit unnatural when I stick them on -- as I can clearly see the tape when I blink! I also find eyelid glue too troublesome and messy to use. Finally I come across this amazing product -- Wonder Eyelid Tape! It's a double sided tape that sticks part of your eyelid together to create a natural looking crease.

Contains a pair of tweezers, 60 double sided eyelid tapes, instructions

Easy-to-follow illustrations in the instructions sheet (even though in Japanese)

So I tested the tapes out, and the results are pretty satisfying!

After removing the white backing of the eyelid tapes (just like normal double sided tapes), I pick up the tape using the tweezers provided and apply it to my lid -- where I want the crease to be.

BEFORE - triple lids

AFTER - defined double lids!

Much more even now! Will probably be even better with more practice!

The crease created is very natural, and it doesn't look like you have done anything to your lids unless you close your eyes (then you can see that your lids are 'glued' together). The only complain I have is that I find it difficult to use the tape with eyeshadow. If I use the tape before using eyeshadow, the powder tends to get stuck in the crease, creating a very obvious line of eyeshadow. If I stick the tape after the eyeshadow, the tape is not as sticky and the result will not last, because of all the powder! My instinct tells me that I should put on the tape before applying eyeshadow. Perhaps it will get better with more practice! I need to test that out.

So far, I have used the tapes for a few times, and I must say the lasting power is not that great -- the crease will stay in place for like 5 hours. I am not sure whether it's the product, or my problem with applying it. However, I still think this is a great product and I will keep practising till I get better results.

This is by no means a new product. It has been around for some time. I got mine from From Head to Toe, but you can also get it from BoboDave.

13 comments:

Cyn said...

I have a monolids...Yeah..I wonder should I get this a not. Hmm..

DinaXYYan said...

Thanks for the review! This looks really awesome, I think I need it in my life, haha..

galpal.hi said...

I haven't had a chance to try any of the eyelid tapes but I don't like the idea of being able to see it. I've also tried the eyelid glues but they don't work well on me and don't have enough stick power. For glues, the best thing for me has been eyelash glues and if I'm lucky, I can apply it lightly enough that you can't really tell. However, my HG item is the Mezaik Double Eyelid Stretch Fiber. These have been my best discovery.

*Kat*

Unknown said...

I tried to use those kind of glue/ tape but i found that they were really uncomfortable*
Finally I just gave up N Im happy with my monoeyelid =D

ashura said...

Monolids are great too =D
I read about the Mezaik Double Eyelid Stretch Fiber before, maybe I should really try it too!

MEOW said...

Hey! i always wanted to try this product... coz my doubles are not very big... and i always wanted to try to make them look bigger :P thanks for the review!! i might get them next time i order online :)

jo said...

hey, just wondering how long did the shipping take if you order it from head to toe? and was the shipping fee expensive? thx :)

ashura said...

Hi Jo,
I think I paid USD5 for shipping. So that was USD23.50 in total. Quite expensive =( It took about 1 and a half weeks to reach me. Usual timing from US to Singapore.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I've actually been purchasing this tape from a Singapore website www.doubleeyelid.blogspot.com

Used to buy it from headtotoe but it was much more expensive and it took too long to come and sometimes I'd run out of stock..

Just thought I'd share :)

Unknown said...

I'm glad I came across this review from you when I was googling reviews for the tape! I really want to try the tape out because I hear with prolonged use, your eye folds are supposed to crease by themselves. Do you still recommend applying shadow after applying the tape? Frmheadtotoe said she applies the tape last because it holds better that way, but there seems to be a lot of conflicting opinions on this :/

Unknown said...

*edit - forgot to subscribe to comment :)

ashura said...

Hi Rinny :)
I like to apply tape after applying shadow, cos it looks better that way, but the downside is the tape will not last as long. On the other hand, if I apply tape first then shadow, tape lasts longer, but the eyeshadow powder tends to get stuck on the crease, creating this line of shadow powder on the lid. Probably can overcome this problem by patting shadow on the lid very very carefully, bit by bit. But, I am just too impatient to do that, so I will prefer to apply tape after eyeshadow, and reapply tape if there is a need.

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for the help! I think I would much rather have the tape last a few hours less than a very obvious line of shadow across my lid too. I'm looking forward to trying these :D