Saturday, March 19, 2011

Review: O.P.I Nail Envy Natural Nail Strengthener for Soft Thin Nails

O.P.I Nail Envy Natural Nail Strengthener for Soft Thin Nails, SGD42


This is a treatment top + boat coat. I have used other "branded" top coats like Poshe, Seche Vite and Nubar Diamont before, and I think the O.P.I wins without a doubt.

First of all, the O.P.I is a treatment base, as well as top coat.... so that's $$$ saved. Secondly, the O.P.I has the thinnest formula comparatively, which makes any DIY manicure look more professional, less thick. Thirdly, the shine of the polish as a top coat is the most lasting. Usually, my manicure "top-coated" with Poshe or Seche Vite will look dull on the second day. Nubar Diamont was slightly better. But for me, the O.P.I one will look fresh for at least 4 days. I am not sure about the anti-chip ability though, as almost ALL polish chip on me on the 2nd day, if not the 3rd. Lastly, this treatment polish has improved the condition of my nails. Although they are still discolored, relatively thin and translucent (eekkks!), they are no longer peeling.

Good shiny finish

Please forgive the horrible look of my nails. My poor nails have been tortured and ill treated by me for many many years ^^"

So, I really recommend this... if you don't mind pricy nail polishes...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my god. Seriously.. your nails are... super gross. Cut it will ya? Disgusting.

ashura said...

Hi Anonymous,
Nice advice~ Now they are nice and covered with nail polish =)

Anonymous said...

How much is the OPI Polish?

ashura said...

I paid SGD42 for the polish at the nail salon

ez said...

I think your nails are beautifully shaped... such long nailbeds!