Saturday, March 19, 2011

Laneige 2011 Spring Makeup Collection - Fresh Modernist

I was only buying Fancl's Calorie Limit when I walked into Isetan - or so I thought, before I passed by the Laneige counter.

Laneige's 2011 Spring Collection 'Fresh Modernist' gives the Mod look, not only romantic, but also brings out the freshness of Spring.


As a fan of Song Hye Kyo (partly because of my fascination with Hyun Bin's role in Secret Garden), I have always thought Miss Song to be a real beauty. I usually can't resist testing out makeup endorsed by her.

Interesting packaging: the patterns on the compacts change when you look at them from different angles

Fresh Modernist Blusher, SGD49

Lavender, orange, beige

The lavender seems matte to me, whereas the other 2 colors are slightly shimmery. Slightly. The texture is not exactly silky, but the color payoff is decent. The texture reminds me of Coffret D'or Beauty Sharp Designer. I think the colors are not meant to be loud, but subtle. I tried mixing the 3 colors together, and the effect was a soft shimmery peach, most similar to the middle color in the picture above. I haven't tried this yet, but I have a feeling I am going to love it. The colors are just so like Korean makeup!

Fresh Modernist Shadow, SGD49

Orange, Pink, Green, Black

All colors are shimmery, almost frosty. Color payoff is excellent! Much better than the Mystic Veil Collection. All the colors look very good together - a new tutorial idea!! This is my first Laneige eyeshadow purchase. I hope the lasting power will be good.

Left to right: Snow Crystal Lipstick in YR28 Modernist Peach, Fresh Modernist Lipgloss in LR07 Modernist coral

I actually forgot to take close up photos of the 2 lipcolors. I hope you are able to see them clearly in the 2nd pic of this post.

The Snow Crystal Lipstick has a very moisturisng formula and the color is quite intense and able to cover natural lipcolor pretty well. Although its name is 'Modernist peach', I actually find it quite pink! It's a lovely color, that is very suitable for fresh spring looks.

The Fresh Modernist Lipgloss has a thick formula, and has 3 soft colors combined in 1 tube. To be honest, although it has '3 colors', to me, it's only 1, because the 3 colors will mix eventually. I didn't try to test the 3 colors separately, as I think it's rather impossible, so I just swiped whatever gloss that was on the applicator as I pulled it out. The color when applied on my lips looks like natural nude pink, though on the back of my hand it looks quite bright.

These are the 3 recommended looks found in the pamphlet:

Pattern 1: Smooth and Romantic Makeup

Pattern 2: Glamorously Vibrant and Sensual Makeup

Pattern 3: Sophisticated and Delicate Spring Makeup

I think I am going to try all 3 patterns.

This collection is a definite must-have for those who love pastel colors =)

5 comments:

Anna said...

I love how colourful AND pigmented everything is, seriously, Laneige surprises me *-*

cushy said...

have yet to try laneige makeup. nice spring color!

Anonymous said...

that is very nice and innotiative i really loved it. you are such a beauty queen, i have much to learn from the awe-inspiring you. If only you can let me have your contact number and MSN if possible.

Kristie said...

Thanks for the awesome swatches. The lipstick and lipgloss colors are gorgeous. I definitely have to go check out this collection.

Marie said...

This collection is fresh and pretty unique.:D

***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com