Since its launch last year, I have been contemplating whether I should get this foundation or not. I bought the BB cream version of the Maybelline Pure Mineral range (but wasn't too impressed), and kind of wanted to try the powder version of the foundation.
Spring Blossoms 2011 Collection, SGD19.90
So when I spotted this set at Watsons, I was like "Wow!" for these reasons:
1. This comes with a limited edition casing.
2. It's only $19.90 refill + casing. Usual price: $27.90 (refill - $19.90, casing $8) I am just paying for the refill!
3. I have always wanted to try the foundation.
Then I thought, WHAT AM I WAITING FOR?
Limited Edition Collectible Case & Pure Mineral Two-Way Foundation
I am a M.A.C NC-20, and the color OC1 matches my skin tone perfectly. Very natural. Not too fair at all.
The powder is very smooth and very fine. Coverage I consider light to medium light. Being very used to using higher coverage type of foundations like the SK-II Cellumination Cream Foundation, I would only use this as a setting powder/ powder for touch ups. Yes -- it's that light! As you can see from the photo above, the color OC1 blends entirely well with my skin tone -- I can't see the foundation at all!
Positive points of this foundation:
1. Breathable coverage: lightweight micro-minerals gives a smooth finish that doesn't clog pores
2. More hydrated skin: helps refine fine lines!
3. Suitable for sensitive skin: contains no preservatives, fragrance or oils.
4. Mineral foundation at an affordable price!
Not-so-good points of this foundation:
1. Light coverage
2. Average oil control
I might not repurchase this foundation, as I find the oil control ability average. My normal La Mer loose powder seems better. The coverage is also also too light. Since this is a foundation, I expect it to cover.