Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Maybelline Spring Blossoms 2011 Collection - Pure Mineral Two-Way Cake Foundation

Since its launch last year, I have been contemplating whether I should get this foundation or not. I bought the BB cream version of the Maybelline Pure Mineral range (but wasn't too impressed), and kind of wanted to try the powder version of the foundation.

Spring Blossoms 2011 Collection, SGD19.90

So when I spotted this set at Watsons, I was like "Wow!" for these reasons:

1. This comes with a limited edition casing.

2. It's only $19.90 refill + casing. Usual price: $27.90 (refill - $19.90, casing $8) I am just paying for the refill!

3. I have always wanted to try the foundation.

Then I thought, WHAT AM I WAITING FOR?

Limited Edition Collectible Case & Pure Mineral Two-Way Foundation

OC 1

I am a M.A.C NC-20, and the color OC1 matches my skin tone perfectly. Very natural. Not too fair at all.


The powder is very smooth and very fine. Coverage I consider light to medium light. Being very used to using higher coverage type of foundations like the SK-II Cellumination Cream Foundation, I would only use this as a setting powder/ powder for touch ups. Yes -- it's that light! As you can see from the photo above, the color OC1 blends entirely well with my skin tone -- I can't see the foundation at all!

Positive points of this foundation:
1. Breathable coverage: lightweight micro-minerals gives a smooth finish that doesn't clog pores
2. More hydrated skin: helps refine fine lines!
3. Suitable for sensitive skin: contains no preservatives, fragrance or oils.
4. Mineral foundation at an affordable price!

Not-so-good points of this foundation:
1. Light coverage
2. Average oil control

I might not repurchase this foundation, as I find the oil control ability average. My normal La Mer loose powder seems better. The coverage is also also too light. Since this is a foundation, I expect it to cover.

9 comments:

MEOW said...

the casing is so cute!

Anna said...

Wow, I've never seen such cute Maybelline products. Let me guess, it's an Asia-only item, though hahaa

galpal.hi said...

The casing is so adorable! I would purchase the set just for that casing.

BTW, I sent you an email. Could you please check?

Thanks!

*Kat*

Steph said...

awesome steal~~~
it's probably too light for me though=p

Unknown said...

that really is a perfect color match :D the packaging is pretty cute - I'm surprised it's from maybelline ^_^

Shinju😍🤩😘ig shiryuchen FB 🥰Shiiryu Chen said...

so happy , grab one set ..
pretty casing


http://youngpalacebeauty.blogspot.com/


http://shiryu.onsugar.com/Maybelline-Spring-Blossoms-2011-Collection---Pure-Mineral-Two-Way-Cake-Foundation-14847980

Marie said...

This is just too cute, my youngest sister would like this.:D

***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com

Anonymous said...

Hi

May i know what is the shades difference between CO,PO and BO? I do not know which one should i get.

Hope you can help

Thks Ann

ashura said...

Hihi Ann,
I am not very sure what the differences are, but I think the best way to select the shade is to test the colors on your skin. From what I think (not 100% sure though), the CO shades are quite fair and more to beige, the PO shades are more to pink (good for those with cooler skin tone) and BO shades are similar to CO but darker. I always go for CO as I am fair, but has yellow undertone. Perhaps you could test the colors out at your jaw line and see which is the closest to your natural skin color.