Monday, December 20, 2010

3D Eyelash Perm

Still in Hong Kong...

Yesterday I went to a 'neighborhood' beauty salon to perm my eyelashes. I do not have a lot of experience with eyelash perm. I think I only did it for like 3 times at Jean Yip, which cost me SGD50 (before 7% GST). To be honest, I find the service extremely expensive, hence seldom go for it. Furthermore, I heard that it is not very good for my lashes if I keep perming it.

My aunt recommended me to perm my lashes at this place near her house. It's called 3D eyelash perm. This '3D' perm is supposed to be better as it is able to make lashes curl 'higher' then the usual perm.

As I had my eyes closed during the service, I can't really explain how the process was like. But I think the lady first used some tapes to tape my eyelids/lashes in place, 'sealed' my eyes with some wet tissue, dripped the perming lotion onto my lashes, waited for around 15 minutes, applied some conditioning lotion, waited for another 5 minutes, removed the tapes... and done! I think the whole process took around 40minutes or so. I was, and still am impressed with the results! From previous experience, the perm will last for around 1 and a half months. Not sure if a 3D perm will last longer...

AFTER:
Result is impressive, isn't it?

BEFORE:
Erm... do you see any lashes? I don't... haha! ^^"

The perming only cost HKD150! That's only about SGD25...? The result is much better than the perm I did at Jean Yip... The 3 times I got my lashes permed at Jean Yip did not have the result as shown in the 1st photo! I think it's time to try other places when I return to Singapore =)

Suddenly SOOOOOO feel like just staying in Hong Kong =p Oppps hahhaa... my hubby is not reading this, is he?

I want to do a white and silver Christmas makeup tutorial... but I only have grey, brown and turquoise eye shadow with me in Hong Kong. Sigh~ Hopefully the inspiration will still be there when I return to Singapore!

The green smoky eyes video I filmed now seems a bit too simple and not that exciting... should I still edit it? I started doing it but not sure if I should continue...

10 comments:

kylie said...

wow amazing results!

MEOW said...

cool! thats amazing!
how long does it last for? did any of the chemicals sting ur eyes during or after the process?

Unknown said...

Really nice! How long does it last? I'm curious because I was offered to do an eyelash perm a few yrs ago but I declined :p

ashura said...

Hmmmm i heard it varies from person to person... it is supposed to last between 1 to 3 months. For me, it usually lasts for 1 and half a months (for the usual perm). I am hoping 3D perm will last longer =D

SiSi Sparkles said...

AMAZING result! I wonder how long it lasts

Unknown said...

ooo those are great results...very natural but makes your eyes pop! I would really like to do this esp since I had applying mascara ^^

Kalmo said...

Cool! Never heard of a lash perm or 3D one for that matter. Your lashes look great after. :)

Lynn said...

Hello! I happened to find your blog while looking for places in HK that do good eyelash perming. Could you please tell me where you got this done? Thank you! :)

ashura said...

Hi Lynn,
Oh dear! I can't really remember what that place was called, as it was recommended by my Aunt and I am not familiar with places in HK… I just remember it was at some place in New Territories… sorry not much help :(

Lynn said...

That's ok! Thanks for trying! :)