Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Lipstick Haul: L'oreal Color Riche Nutri Shine, Relvon Colorburst Lipstick, Maxfactor Lasting Collection

L'oreal Color Riche Nutri Shine, HKD89 each

The packaging is GORGEOUS! Thumbs up for L'oreal! For drugstore brand, I am impressed~
I think this is limited edition. Anyone please correct me if I am wrong =)

From left to right: P122 Vivid Rose, CP420 Shiny Coral

From left to right: P122 Vivid Rose, CP420 Shiny Coral

Hmmm I do not really know how to describe the texture of this lipstick. It's like gloss, but also like lipstick. It reminds me of Coffret D'or lipsticks. Both colors I chose are quite bright. Vivid Rose is a bright pink that really makes me look fairer whereas Shiny Coral is flattering for all skin tones. A few swipes of these on the lips and you are good to go!

Relvon Colorburst Lipstick, HKD98 each

From left to right: 001 Lilac, 045 Raspberry

From left to right: 045 Raspberry, 001 Lilac

This range of lipstick is very creamy. The colors are very rich and not really recommended for those who like sheer lipcolors. I love both colors~ Surprisingly, I do not have these colors in my already huge lipstick collection. 045 Raspberry is a brownish red and is deeper then shown in the swatch. 001 Lilac is a dusty mauve , and is more purplish than shown (rather then pink).

Maxfactor Lasting Color Collection, HKD78 each
Very boring packaging

From left to right: 510 English Rose, 640 Soft Suede

From left to right: 510 English Rose, 640 Soft Suede

This lipstick has a really STRONG waxy smell. I kind of regret buying them as this lipstick does not only smell bad, but also quite drying. When I swatched this on the back of my hand at Mannings, the lipstick felt creamy. But when I applied it onto my lips, it felt dry, like Chanel lipsticks =)

Both colors are frosty and they remind me of lipsticks I already own (from Chanel and MAC). I will update which colors they resemble when I get back to Singapore (try my best!). I left one at home and one at my workplace.

Ok tomorrow I am going to Harbour City... probably getting some eyeshadow and foundation! Going to try save some money so I guess I will have to skip Juicy Couture, Anna Sui and Vivienne Westwood (for clothes, small leather goods and bags)!

9 comments:

R.ChamberofBeauty said...

Aww all these are gorgeous!!! Those Revlon and Max factor lippies are awesome...I'm def buying them next time I go to the store:))

Kalmo said...

All the colors are so pretty, thanks for the swatches. The L'oreal ones have great packaging.

MEOW said...

oooh the l'oreal packaging is so pretty!! i like that coral color! so pretty

Unknown said...

Wow! L'Oreal packaging is really nice. It looks like those nice Japanese brands :p hehe

I'm not a big fan of Max Factor either. I noticed a LOT of their cosmetics have strong smells, and not pleasant ones :p I have one MF lipstick, which is not too bad. I don't remember if it's drying or not, but I am going to go home and look at it again. I love lipstick posts... I am really obsessing over lip colors at the moment. Where did you buy your L'Oreal ones? I really want to get some too!! :) I have the Revlon ones too! I agree, they are pretty un-sheer :p I'm too scared of wearing them out right now because I feel it'll make me look old or something but I know that's not the case. I'm doing TOO much eating to be wearing lipsticks!

Unknown said...

whoa....the loreal packaging is NICE! I don't think I've seen it at walmart...:P darn walmart never has the new stuff :(

I've actually tried that lipstick before...and yeah, I hate that waxy smell. I've been wanting to try Revlon Airy Fairy but I can never seem to find it instores :\

Unknown said...

o wait...it's RIMMEL Airy Fairy xD ahah no wonder I never find it in the Revlon section...omg ><

galpal.hi said...

I love the L'Oreal packaging--it is really pretty. I wonder if that is an Asia only release.

Thanks for all of the swatches. They are all very pretty.

*Kat*

Anonymous said...

The Revlon Colorburst in red looks gorgeous! Will try n check that shade out!

KIRA said...

I've been eyeing the L'Oreal Nutrishine lipsticks, but they remind me too much of their Glam Shines lippies from a few years ago :)