Saturday, October 23, 2010

Lots of Love from Paws: TOTORO Stuffed Toy

Paws (this is how I call my husband) bought me this 3 days ago!

Totoro

Totoro is a character from Hayao Miyazaki's famous animated movie 'My Neighbour Totoro'.


Some quick facts about the movie for those who are not familiar with Japanese films:

"My Neighbor Totoro (となりのトトロ Tonari no Totoro), is a 1988 Japanese anime film written and directed by Hayao Miyazaki and produced by Studio Ghibli. The film follows the two young daughters of a professor and their interactions with friendly wood spirits in postwar rural Japan." (Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Neighbor_Totoro) Do click on the link if you are interested to read more about the show's plot *spoiler alert*!

So Totoro is one of the wood spirits that appears in the movie!

Look at the eyes! So cuteeee!

Totoro's side view

Totoro's tail

Totoro's claws!

The dust creatures that appeared in the old house in the anime.

Me & Totoro!

I watched Totoro when I was a young girl, and has loved the character since then. Totoro is super fluffy and huggable! I think that is why I LOVE Totoro so much!

Just wanted to share my joy with all of you. Have you watched Totoro before? =D

8 comments:

♥PINK DOLLY♥ said...

This is def by far one of the best cartons of all time. The characters are super cute and I don`t get bored of watching it over and over again.

ashura said...

Yay!! I am glad there are other fans of the movie! I super love Hayao Miyasaki's Princess Mononoke too!!

Unknown said...

haha i know totoro! since my friend told me because i often spell toronto with totoro, xD

Christine said...

awww this is so adorable, i want one too haha :)

xoxo Christine

http://christineiversen.blogspot.com/

SleepandMakeup said...

I love Totoro! I have the dvd & bought my sister the Totoro stuff toy when I stopped over Japan. ^_^

Unknown said...

i love totoro!! Actually I like all of Miyazaki's movies (except Ponyo :( )~ I think mu favorite is Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle ^^

ashura said...

Elle,
I love Howl's Moving Castle too! Love the soundtrack, so I used it in my Purple Jewel Smokey Eyes tutorial ^^ Haven't watched Ponyo yet. Is it no good?

Lulu said...

aww your hubby is so sweet! i love how cute totoro looks!