Friday, October 8, 2010

Review: Olay Pristine White Radiance Essence (Update)


It's been more than a month since I wrote about my excitement over the Olay Pristine White Radiance Essence (named White Radiance CelLucent White Essence in Singapore it seems)( you could read that post here). So I have since been using the essence I had bought from Sasa. Before that, I was using L'oreal's latest whitening essence White Perfect Radiance Boosting Double Essence, which I kind of raved about previously (my review is here). Since they are both drugstore skincare, I think it might be appropriate to make some small comparisons.

I will talk about the Olay essence first. I still don't see it selling anywhere yet (I have not checked bigger drugstores in town though). According to Haru (Rouge Deluxe) in her post, she mentioned that the essence should arrive in Singapore this month. She also mentioned that it will probably be priced at SGD59.90, which I find a total rip off! That's because I got mine from Sasa.com at US25.60 only, not including shipping (approximately SGD34, unfortunately out of stock at the time of this post). On top of that, I checked the Taiwan Olay website and apparently it's only NT890 (equivalent to approximately SGD38) there. I totally will not buy the product in Singapore if I can help it!

This is one pump of the product

Quite runny, but considered thick for an essence

The texture of the essence is quite runny, though I feel it's kind of thick for an essence. It felt almost like an emulsion. The product absorbs into my skin quickly and I use one full pump to cover the whole face. It has a very soft floral scent, which I don't find overpowering or unpleasant (but then I am the type who don't mind scented skincare). The L'oreal essence was more runny and took longer time to be fully absorbed, comparatively.

As for the results, I can't say that I am entirely impressed by it. It definitely maintains the fairness of my skin, but I don't see any improvement to it. The L'oreal essence was able to deliver the same results. I must say I am slightly disappointed by it, because I was really expecting dramatic results because I have heard so many raves about it! I am not saying that the product is entirely useless, just that it is simply not making any significant improvement to my skin to make me want to repurchase.

To conclude, I think the Olay essence is a must try if you can get it at around SGD40. However, you might want to skip if it is going to cost you SGD60. Go for the L'oreal one instead!

7 comments:

R.ChamberofBeauty said...

hey great review!! This sounds great...must try it.

Shanghainese Dumpling said...

Wow sounds fantastic!!! the price point is very reasonable too!!! I would love to try it but over here in Australia we never have Whitening range... so sad but I'll keep that on my list when i go Asia

noone said...

I use olay bodywash but that's pretty much it... hehe but this product sounds fab, too bad they don't sell it here!! -_-

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the review! I used to use some of Olay stuff... shame they dont really sell Olay in japan i would def check it out in hong Kong!

Jo said...

Thanx for the review! It's really helpful. I also clicked on your Loreal review too. That seems quite promising and I love how you describe the look after applying.

I was using Olay White Radiance Intensive Brightening serum which was pretty raved about on forums but I dun see any sigificant improvement at all. Anyway, I'm nt so much into fairness just dun like looking too tanned as I tan quite easily

Marie said...

Thanks for the honest review.:D

I use Olay anti-aging cream and it works great.:D I might try this.

Have a wonderful weekend!:D

***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com

o said...

I have been using Clinique Laser Repairwear and I find it brilliant. That might be a good option after I run out of it! Love to try it!

Confessions of a Beautyholic