Sunday, October 24, 2010

Video Tutorial: Retro Chic Makeup Tutorial


This look is one of my personal favorites. The colors are so vibrant and contrast with each other that it makes this look unique. I was inspired by one of the look the Taiwanese celebrity makeup artist Kevin Zhou did in his makeup guide book. I used similar colors, but simplified the look and added some glitters.

This look is super easy to do as it involves ZERO blending. I hope you will enjoy this video! If you like it, please retweet this post or leave a comment =)




Products used:

Eyes:
1) Ettusais Pencil Eye Glitter (Pink)
2) Shu Uemura Pressed Eye Shadow in Rosemary
3) Shu Uemura Pressed Eye Shadow N in ME Gold #311
4) Silky Girl Blink Glitter Eyeliner in #04 Silver Sparkle
5) Maybelline the Magnum Volumn' Express Super Film mascara in Washable Black

Brows:
1) Maquillage Double Brow Creator GY921

Cheeks:
1) Jill Stuart Mixed Blush Compact #02 Rose Bloom

Lips:
1) Etude House Darling Petite Lips in PP903
2) Makemania Curvy Lip Silicone 501

16 comments:

Christine said...

this is so pretty, love it :)

xoxo Christine

http://christineiversen.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

aw ashura, this is so pretty ^_^! I love the hot pink ^^;; it's really feminine but edgy~

Renay said...

WOW! This is gorgeous!
I'm deff going to try this look out for myself :)

Thanks for sharing hun.

Unknown said...

wow cool u can make ur eyes looks brighter and bigger without too much black mascara. hehe :D
and this look soo fresh , and i been looking for great gold color eyeshadow. hmm i think i ll take a look at Shu Uemura Pressed Eye Shadow N in ME Gold #311, coz its looks soo pretty on your eyes ^^

ashura said...

Thank you so much ladies! I love you will like it if you are trying out the look ~

Lulu said...

wow i love the color combination on your eyelids! love it :)

Unknown said...

the purple and pink complements perfectly =D!! Love it =D!

DinaXYYan said...

The bright color is so pretty!

R.ChamberofBeauty said...

Hey Ashura it's gorgeous...as always!!!!

R.ChamberofBeauty said...

Hey and your giveaway is closed...That's soooo soon!!

Anonymous said...

Do you cut the eye lash bond as it is too long and can't fit all the way to the eye corner ?

ashura said...

Yup I did. I measured and cut the ends of the lashes to fit my eyes~

Christine said...

Thank you so much for following my blog <3
Yeah i can absolutely do a look with both the liquid eyeshadows :)

xoxo Christine

http://christineiversen.blogspot.com/

Shanghainese Dumpling said...

You look sooo pretty thanks for the tutorial :)

Cyn said...

Pretty~~~ You make me feel like trying this~~ hehe XD

xoxo
Cynthia
http://slowbro-gal.blogspot.com

ashura said...

Hi Cynthia,
Do try =D It's nice and one of my favourite looks!