Saturday, October 2, 2010

Video Tutorial: Purple Jewel Smokey Eyes

Today I bring you my video tutorial - Purple Jewel Smokey Eyes!


Apologies for my big & small eyes ^^; Just got off work and I started filming, so had more problems with my uneven double eyelids than usual. Hopefully that will not affect your impression of this look! I think this look is the type that either you love it or you hate it =D

I think this look is suitable for formal dinners or functions. Personally I wore this look to a friend's wedding. I wore a black tube dress and silver strappy heels!

I am still trying to get the lighting and everything right for my video tutorials. For all my videos so far, I have tried filming them at different parts of my house, different times of the day... (still haven't found the perfect place) Please give me your honest feedback so that I could improve! I hope the steps are clearer this time, as compared to my last tutorial 'Princess Party Look', which you can watch it here



Products used:

Eyes:
1) Dior Jazzclub #2 Purple Jazz (this was a limited edition 2009, so probably you won't be able to get this, but I am sure the coastal 88 palette will have all the same colors)
2) Bourjois Ombre Stretch in #13 black glitter
3) Majolica Marjoca Curl Curl Toward the Sky Mascara Base
4) Esprique Precious Heart Graphical Mascara in BK001
5) Maybelline the Magnum Volum’ Express Super Film Mascara in Washable Black

Face and Cheeks:
1) Maquillage 3D Creator in #55
2) M.A.C Mineralize Blush in Conjure Up (2009 limited edition)

Lips:
1) Dior Addict Ultra Gloss Reflect #557

Hope you stayed with me till the end of the video!

7 comments:

Mimi said...

that's great! i can definitely do that smokey eyes. :D

p.s. i am a new follower!

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

Marie said...

Thanks for the video, it was fun to watch.:D

I love smokey eyes, I enjoyed watching your tutorial.:D

***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com

galpal.hi said...

Wonderful video tutorial and great look. I'm into purples lately so this was quite interesting for me.

Thank you!

*Kat*

Milz said...

Wow it's so easy and looks so pretty I am definitely going to try this and I love your nail color :)

ashura said...

Hi Mimi,
Thanks for following~ Just visited your blog... great posts!!

Hi Marie and galpal.hi,
I am glad you enjoyed the video... I will try to improve further the next tutorial!

Hi alvira,
Yup this is definitely a do-able look! Not as difficult as it seems. I painted my nails just for this tutorial ~ Boris & Natasha from OPI =)

Jess said...

Wow, this is such a beautiful look, and you look so cute an pretty!

The purple colors flatter you a lot ~ sigh, wished I could pull off purple as well... :/

Unknown said...

I love this makeup!!! shall bookmark this for upcoming weddings I'll need to attend >_<