Saturday, October 9, 2010

NOTD: Purple Gradation and Glitter

Yesterday I went to my favorite manicurist to do my nails. I asked her to do some simple gradation for me and this is what she did.

I know gradation is nothing spectacular but I just love how she made my nails look like gel nails. She only charged me SGD15 extra for gradation, which I find very reasonable. I am not sure what is the going rate at nail parlors, but I find her pricing very reasonable!

Why I like to keep going back to this manicurist is because she really devotes her time entirely to you when you go to her (she works alone). Normally for a full manicure and pedicure session, it can take up to 2 hours because she will make your fingernails and feet look really clean and smooth (ok the smooth part is for feet only hahaha). You never get to feel this way if you go to a regular manicurist.

She is fantastic at nail art too. This is what she did for me for my wedding day.

It was absolutely out of the ordinary and I loved it. She asked me what I was going to wear on that day and designed something on the spot for me. Too bad the pic is a bit small here so you can't really see the design. There is quite a bit of complex drawing at the fingertips. The pic doesn't do the nail design justice!

I had a relaxing time there too. She has a LCD TV there and I watched Hong Kong drama from 7-10.30pm. She finished doing my nails at 9pm, but I had to wait for my husband who was late to pick me up, so she let me stay till my husband arrived. She doesn't have regular closing time. By the time I left, she was doing gel nails for another customer. How cool can that be? =D

7 comments:

♥PINK DOLLY♥ said...

It`s simple but it actually looks really pretty! I love sparkles...I haven`t had gel nails for ages since I find it difficult to type. : (

R.ChamberofBeauty said...

Hey that's gorgeous!!

galpal.hi said...

Your nails are gorgeous! I love the glitter in it. The nail art work done for your wedding was fantastic too.

*Kat*

vernz_08 said...

where is the place?
izit expensive??
would love to try...

ashura said...

Hi vernz_08,
Her place is called Nail Boutique, located at Hotel Grand Central, nearest MRT station is Somerset. I think her prices are good, especially if you want to do nail art. She doesn't charge per crystal SGD1, like those regular nail parlors. If you are really interested, pls leave your email here and I will give you her phone number for reservation =D

ashura said...

Hahaa Pink Dolly,
I love your comment about gel nails! =P

Unknown said...

nice tutorial!

http://lovesljd.blogspot.com